Before starting your fitness journey we will book a 30 minute consultation over the phone where we will get an opportunity to talk about your needs,your goals,lifestyle habits and your diet and for us to establish if we are a good fit to work together. I will prescribe the best path forward for you to progress and achieve more than you thought possible.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT & FITNESS TESTING
Before you can start a training and nutritional plan, or at least one that's actually going to be effective, I will carry out a number of tests to establish your current state of health and fitness. You see there isn't a blueprint for weight management. How you need to train and what you need to eat is different for everyone, even if the goal is the same. It's going to depend on your age, gender, somatotype (body type) and lifestyle. So how can someone possibly give you a bespoke nutritional and exercise program (not a useless general plan) if they don't know anything about your body? How can you track the effects of your training and diet if you don't have a benchmark? Here is what I will aim to find out about you:
- Resting Heart Rate
- Resting Blood Pressure
- Body Composition
- Visceral Fat
- BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate)
- Cardiorespiratory fitness
- Cardiorespiratory rate
- Muscular Strength
- Muscular Endurance
STEP 3: LIFE ASSEMENT AND PLAN
Did you know that 90 percent of your weight loss or weight management results comes from the time you spend outside the gym? Lets say you train at gym 4 times a week for 1 hour at a time. That’s amount to less than 2 percent of your week. Therefore, if you don’t have a sustainable plan for your time outside the gym then you are going to compromise in your results.
I go beyond the gym walls and ensure you are living a lifestyle that will help to get you into shape and feeling great.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS & PLAN
Honestly - 70% of losing weight comes down to your nutrition.
If you are not following a suitable nutritional system, or worse still are on a fad diet, then it doesn't matter how hard you train in the gym, you will not get the long lasting results you're looking for.
I will give you individual nutritional guidance which.
- Doesn't require you to starve yourself or cut out carbs like a lot of diets, causing your metabolism to slow right down and make you feel tired and hungry all day long.
- Doesn't require eating broccoli all day - You'll still be able to have the foods you enjoy
- Doesn't involve following set meal plans - You'll have flexibility and choice on what you eat.
- Doesn't require you to count calories or weigh your food)
- It's pretty simple really. You'll quickly create habits and make nutrition a lifestyle, not a diet
EATING STRATEGY PLAN
Many people try to improve their eating habits by following random meal plans. The problem is if the meal plan is not customised according to your body type then its unrealistic and not a long term strategy. No matter how enthusiastic you are meal plans can be tough to follow unless whole life you can work around them, which most people cant. This is normal life can get in the way
- People get busy .
- You are not always prepared
- You have to work late sometimes
- Its always some special occasion
- Sometime you just don’t feel like eating salads at night
So, instead of prescribing yet another realistic diet plan I offer valuable tools and methods to help you overcome any difficulties in following my nutritional system.